Hi, my name is Kelvin Belfon.
I was born in the beautiful Caribbean island of Grenada. Life back home was what I considered to be simple and carefree.
It was not too long after that my life gradually became complicated with unnecessary possessions, credit cards, mortgages, student loans, car notes, utility bills, and toxic relationships.
It turns out that the American dream, for me, carried with it a lot of extra baggage.
In 2013 I relocated to Denver, Colorado. I was excited to move into my new home! But while unloading the moving truck I had a horrifying thought, “How was all of my stuff going to fit in the new townhouse?”
I did the best despite living in a much smaller living space. But the arranging and rearranging of all the extra stuff in the crowded basement turned into a weekly chore. It was tiring. Then came my epiphany, “Instead of constantly reorganizing, why not just minimize?”
One night I discovered Zen Habits and Becoming a Minimalist while surfing online for decluttering tips. The message these bloggers prescribed immediately empowered me to minimize my possessions and simplify my lifestyle.
What’s the goal
I started this blog to share my story, learn the art of simple living, connect with like-minded individuals and inspire others. In the process, I’ve discovered that minimalism is only a process. The end-game is a more holistic and intentional lifestyle which involves self-care, family, health, finances, and relationships.
My Top Posts
If you are new to my blog, you might want to start with a few of my most popular posts.
- 16 Decluttering Tips from The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up
- 10 Lessons Learned from Reducing Our Children’s Toys
- Signs of Toxic Relationships
- 25 Thought Provoking Simplicity Quote
- 6 Simple Things to Add to Your Life
- How to end a toxic relationship
- The Subconscious Minimalist
- 12 Helpful Decluttering Tips
- Value People, Not Things
- Not Every Space Needs to Be Filled
- The full list of blog archives
My Minimalists Interviews
My Guest Posts and Interviews on other websites
- Simplicity in Action: Kelvin on Be More with Less.com
- 14 Ways Chores Can Benefit Your Children on Rediscovered Family
- Black Minimalist Interview: Kelvin Belfon on Yolanda V. Acre
If you have questions or would like to say hello, please email firstname.lastname@example.org